Priority Worldwide (“Priority”, “we”, “our”, “us”), our affiliated offices recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with data protection laws. It applies to all customers, clients, suppliers, vendors, and website users. We may update this privacy notice at any time. It is important that you read this and any other privacy notices.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Tax id numbers, including personal identification (social security) or employer identification numbers, either in the United States or elsewhere.
- Mail, email, and street addresses;
- Telephone and facsimile numbers;
- Profession, occupation and job title;
- Bank details;
- Photos and videos (CCTV);
- Details of your products/cargo so that we may respond to your enquiries and generally complete any commercial transaction between you and us;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our operations offices, customer surveys and/or visits by, or telephone calls from, our representatives from time to time.
- Other information as necessary to perform the functions of our business.
We do not ordinarily collect “sensitive” information as defined in the GDPR.
Priority collects personal information several ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you, such as when you provide information by phone or in documents;
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, vendors or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organizations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”; and
- From our own records.
We do not require your consent to use your personal data in the execution of our business, since data is being processed in the exercise of an official authority vested in us. We will use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your own interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We need the information collected about you so that we can:
- Perform our contracted services for you;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Provide you with a quote, proposal or estimate;
- Identify you or your account with us;
- Invoice you and allocate payments;
- Pay you or receive payments from you:
- Manage and plan our business, including accounting and auditing;
- Contact you regarding past, current or future business;
- Conduct performance reviews, manage performance and determine performance requirements;
- Establish your credit worthiness and the granting of responsible credit if appropriate;
- Interact with Customs, Border Control, or other Government agencies as part of our working relationship with you;
- Establish, pursue or defend legal claims;
- Comply with laws and regulations including customs laws and health and safety obligations;
- Prevent fraud;
- Safeguard network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our computer and electronic communications systems, and preventing malicious software distribution.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our contract, to maintain our relationship, or to meet regulatory obligations. After the termination of our business relationship, and following the conclusion of any regulatory recordkeeping requirements, we will retain and securely remove your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulation.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- access your personal information; and
- seek the correction of your personal information.
- receive transparent information regarding the processing of your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data, including the “right to be forgotten”;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- your data being portable and accessible upon request; and
- object to the processing of your personal data.
To comply with your request for access, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your information. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Details of how to make a complaint are available on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/.
If you fail to provide certain personal information when requested, we may be unable to comply with our legal obligations or perform the contract we have with you or are trying to enter with you (for example, provide you with our products or services). We will notify you at the time if this is the case.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for a different purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please let us know if your personal information changes any time during your working relationship with us or during our mandatory required record retention period.
We keep your personal information secure by implementing physical and electronic security systems, limiting who can access your personal information, and training our staff to keep your information safe and secure. We also have online and network security systems in place so that the information you provide us with is protected and secure.
In the event we discover a breach of our systems, we will notify you as soon as possible by issuing a written notification. The security breach notification shall be written in plain language, shall be titled “Notice of Data Breach,” and shall present the relevant information under the following headings: “What Happened,” “What Information Was Involved,” “What We Are Doing,” “What You Can Do,” and “For More Information.” Additional information may be provided as a supplement to the notice.